Impressive at the death: Heathcoat bowler Harry Pryce<br>credit: Conrad Sutcliffe - no re-use without copyright owner's consent

HEATHCOAT 2nd XI became the third team through to finals days in the Ivor Dewdney Corinthian Cup after defeating Uplyme & Lyme Regis by seven wickets at the quarter-final stage.

Harry Everett and Chris Salter bring the Corrie Cup picture right up to date after the midweek match at Knightshayes.

Losing the toss and asked to field first on a glorious summer evening, Heathcoat got off to a fantastic start thanks to some incredible bowling from Jack Tucker, who finished with outstanding figures of 4-1-10-0.

Lewis Fountain picked up the first Uplyme wicket in the fourth over before more fantastic bowling from the entire bowling outfit kept runs to a premium. 

When the second Uplyme wicket fell on 76 in the 12th over it was clear they were going to need to up their run rate to post a competitive score. Alfie Jacques (42) had a go, but good fielding and impressive death bowling led by Harry Pryce (3-0-15-1) restricted Uplyme to 120 for six in their 20 overs.

Uplyme started brightly when they bowled at Heathcoat with some sharp bowling from Tyler Wellman, who picked up the wicket of Tom Frankpitt for six. 

This brought Dan Butler (39) to the crease who. together with Tucker (34). quickly upped the scoring rate in a controlled manner. 

When Tucker fell, in-form batsman Dan Reed went out and played a skilful innings that combined touch and power to lead Heathcoat closer to the winning line.

Butler fell with scores level, which left Robbie Broomhead to score the one run needed that got Heathcoat home with 4.3 overs to spare. 

Reed who batted superbly and finished with 37 not out from 23 balls. He hit five fours and a six.

Jason Parr – 81 off 49 balls for Cullompton against WhimpleAlready through to finals day at Cornwood on August 6 are perennial bridesmaids Stoke Gabriel, who have been there seven times before without winning it, and Cullompton.

Stoke defeated Plymstock by five runs while Cullompton had an emphatic 51-run win over Whimple.

Stoke opener Abhishek Anand, who played in last season’s final for Uplyme. struck 53 off 42 balls before being run out in a total of 132 for eight. Rob Cunningham (4-30) was the chief Plymstock bowler.

Plymstock skipper Hallam Kerton was their top scorer with 44 not out, but no one else made 30 as the home side ended their 20 overs on 127 for eight.

The other quarter-final was played next to junction 28 in Cullompton where a fair few round bits of leather were sent heading for the railway line and M5. 

As ever ‘Parrnage’ ensued; Jason smiting 81 off 49 balls with five sixes. The top three did pretty much all of the damage with wicketkeeper Euan Tinley contributing 36 off 25 balls and Trevor Gwandu 42 off 21.

No-one else made double figures as Mike Searle picked up three wickets in an over, plus a run out, but 198-8 was still an imperious score. Whimple had a few starts, but no one individually surpassed 31 as three Cully seamers picked up two-fers. The away side finished on 147 for seven.

One place remains, which will be decided after Upottery and Ottery St Mary played their delayed quarter-final, which fell foul of the weather on July 26.