Sport England Volunteer Workshops
Following Club feedback the Devon Cricket Board, working with Sport England, have organised four club volunteer workshops in March.
These will be run by Sport England expert deliverers and are aimed at supporting clubs with retaining and recruiting volunteers.
All workshops will run 7pm - 9pm on the following dates:
- Tuesday 10th March at Plymouth Cricket Club, PL1 4PR
- Thursday 12th March at Abbotskerswell Cricket Club, TQ12 5NQ
- Tuesday 17th March at Ottery St Mary Cricket Club, EX11 1RG
- Thursday 19th March at Barnstaple & Pilton Cricket Club, EX31 4HY
CLICK HERE to register for a workshop
These will be ideal for club committee members in particular Chairperson, secretary and junior coordinators.
Information on the workshops are below.
CLUB VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE – GIVING YOUR CLUB VOLUNTEERS A GREAT EXPERIENCE
Clubs often find themselves short of volunteers and the way that people volunteer and the time they have to give is not the same as it used to be. Ensuring volunteers feel recognised, rewarded and part of the team is essential.
This workshop covers:
- Develop a positive culture of volunteering within a club environment
- Identify how to develop the volunteer’s experience by assessing the value of club volunteer
- Develop the volunteer experience by identifying top tips in recruiting, retaining and rewarding new and existing volunteers
- Develop an action plan to improve the volunteer experience within a Sports club environment
- Where to find out more information to help improve the volunteer experience
- What the Devon Cricket Board are doing for volunteers in 2020
Contact Alex Jopling for more info.