League publishes strategy to balance B Division for 2020 following Filleigh's decision to withdraw 1st XI
FILLEIGH 1ST XI WITHDRAWAL FROM B DIVISION
PLAN REGARDING RELEGATION / PROMOTION FOR THE 2019 SEASON
FOLLOWING Filleigh Cricket Club’s withdrawal from the B Division, the League Management Committee, of the Tolchards Devon Cricket League, has agreed the following plan to bring the B Division back up to 10 teams for the 2020 season.
The methodology is as follows:
- Only one team is relegated from the B Division, whilst the normal one team from each of the C ‘East’ and C ‘West’ are promoted.
- There are currently four ‘East' teams and five ‘West’ teams in the B Division.
- If a ‘West’ team finishes in ninth place (bottom), they will go into the C ‘West’, with no ‘East’ teams being relegated.
- This will leave a place in the C ‘East’, therefore for the C ‘East’ and subsequent ‘East’ divisions, only two teams will be relegated. Promotion from the D ‘East’ and subsequent ‘East’ divisions, three teams will be promoted as per the current rules.
- If an ‘East’ team finishes in ninth place, they will go into the C ‘East’, with no ‘West’ teams being relegated.
- This will leave a place in the C ‘West’, therefore for the C ‘West’ and subsequent ‘West’ divisions, only two teams will be relegated. Promotion from the D ‘West’ and subsequent ‘West’ divisions, three teams will be promoted as per the current rules.
- This could cause some uncertainty going into the last games of the season, if it is close and either a ‘East’ or ‘West’ team could still go down, but teams should be working to stay out of the bottom three, which is the rule for the 2019 season and if they stay up, should see this as a bonus. Next year it will be two up, twp down.
- For whatever situation, the DCL will re-align the lower divisions as required to allow all teams to play as full a season as possible.
Phil Bees – League Fixtures Secretary
Tolchards Devon Cricket League