This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to coach cricket sessions that are active, purposeful, enjoyable and safe.
An ECB Foundation 1 Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire players and make a difference to the game.
- 4 face-to-face modules lasting 3 hours each (module 5 & 6 - day 1 and module 10 & 11 - day 2)
- 7 bitesize e-learning modules lasting 10-15 minutes each (module 1, 2, 3 & 4 will need to be completed before attending day 1 and module 7, 8 & 9 will need to be completed before day 2)
- 3 observed coaching opportunities during face-to-face modules and an online multiple choice questionnaire
- Cost £150.00
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers (included in your e-learning)
- ECB DBS - It is important to note that an ECB DBS clearance is needed to enrol on this course. To start this process please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your FULL Name, DOB, Cricket Club (if your cricket club is based outside Devon, please contact your local Cricket Board) and Email Address.
DATES, LOCATIONS & SIGN UPS
Please use your FULL NAME (as stated on your ECB DBS) on sign up.
- Sunday 1st & 8th March 2020 - Upper School, Queen Elizabeth's School, Crediton - FULLY BOOKED
- Saturday 14th & 21st March 2020 - The Park Community School, Barnstaple - CLOSED
- Saturday 28th March & 4th April 2020 - Plymouth College, Plymouth - CANCELLED
- (FEMALE ONLY COURSE) Sunday 19th & 26th April 2020 - Devon Cricket Centre, Exeter - CANCELLED
- Tuesday 26th & Friday 29th May 2020 - Devon Cricket Centre, Exeter - CANCELLED
Please note places will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. We will not be able to reserve any places.
Please note that candidates must be available for all of the dates advertised for the course and the closing date to register for a course will be TWO WEEKS before the start date if spaces have not been booked beforehand.