Volunteers put in countless hours of work but thanking volunteers for their time and effort is often forgotten about or overlooked - it shouldn't be!
Making sure volunteers feel recognised and valued for their efforts adds to their experience and means they are more likely to continue to volunteer.
WHAT THE CLUB CAN DO....
- Say THANK YOU
- Volunteer recognition in club communications, newsletters etc.
- Personal thank-you letters
- 'Shout outs' on social media
- Club socials for volunteers e.g. a meal out, a day at the cricket
- Volunteer award evenings
- Club volunteer of the month awards (click here for a template)
- Nominations for awards such as the Outstanding Service to Cricket Awards (OSCAs)
FROM DEVON CRICKET...
- FREE ticket offers for affiliated clubs to a day at a Somerset County Championship match. Prioritise these tickets for volunteers!
- Specific ticket offers for All Stars/Dynamos Activators
- Grassroots Cricket Awards - recognition for all those nominated by their club for a Grassroots Cricket Award. County winner attendance to local awards event and national event at Lords.
- National Volunteer Week - A dedicated week for your volunteers
- Room to Reward - A thank you with a difference
- Natwest Cricket Force - utilise this to bring volunteers together and include reward ann recognition as part of this