For the three days at Heathcoat we were exceptionally fortunate, in one of our more depressing summers, to experience three summer days add in exceptional hosting and the season was coming to a conclusion on a high. It had been a difficult summer but threads were coming together. With the fifteens playing their quarter final, also against Surrey, at Paignton we went down the Development path and included some key seventeen's and took the opportunity of looking at some players who we had received some good reports with 2018 and the Midland tour in mind. The programme started with a pink ball coloured clothing T-20. Harvey Sargent led the side and Devon, for the second successive summer, put on a most impressive performance. Surrey won the toss and Devon batted. Exeter's Harvey Sargent and Ben Sapiecha put on a magnificent first innings partnership of one hundred and forty-four in seventy minutes off one hundred and six deliveries - a brilliant partnership. Both passed their fifties and Sapiecha was first out for a seasons best sixty-three (49 balls 6 fours and 3 sixes). The second opener and captain was out five balls later as Sargent was caught for a fifty-eight ball eighty-three. Devon had scored one hundred and fifty-five and were in their eighteenth over. Max Mejzner faced four balls before he was struck by a nasty blow on the knee and had to retire hurt. The knee was badly bruised and swollen and put an end to the Budleigh batsman contribution to the game. He did well to play the following day. Jamie Khan had a rare failure being trapped second ball, Taylors rate for his four balls was 225 and Holmes and Gibbs were the not out batsmen as Devon set Surrey a rate of eight point eight and over.

Surrey were bowled out for eighty-eight with the home sides James Onley-Gregson taking three for fifteen, Paignton's Sam Woodcock three for nine off four, Daley Holmes two for fourteen and debutant Ed Middleton one for ten. Both leg spinners bowled a maiden Onley-Gregson run out was a top class direct hit and Devon caught almost every catch was taken with Middleton and Sargent taking two each, Woodcock taking a caught and bowled, Kersley Sutton took a catch and Sam Taylor completed the innings with a neat stumping. Surrey batted one ball into their seventeenth over, Sargent marshalled his side well and the sun shone all day. The Third Umpire converted into a Chef and worked wonders on the charcoals whilst the rest of the Onley-Gregson family with magnificent support from the Mothers served up an amazing Barbeque.