DEVON clubs can apply for up to £4,000 following the launch of the 'Get The Game On' part of the 2019 ECB Small Grant Scheme.
Affiliated clubs have already been able to get their hands on £1,000 through the Cricket World Cup Fund, and they can now apply for up to £4,000 towards covers in association with 'Get The Game On'.
Each County Cricket Board across the Country has been allocated a finite pot of money to help clubs improve their long-term sustainability by increasing the number of games played during the season.
This year clubs can apply for funding towards the purchase of the following:
• New mobile covers
• Flat sheet covers
• Bowlers run-up and / or side sheet covers
• Replacement cover tops
• Water removal equipment (only when combined with the purchase of covers)
As in previous years, clubs will be required to provide a minimum of 10% partnership funding towards the project cost. This is the difference between the project cost and the amount of award. It can be sourced from Club funds, other grant bodies or sponsorship etc.
Key points for clubs to note:-
- Clubs must have a constitution, valid buildings, contents & public liability insurance and minimum one year security of tenure
- Clubs are required to submit two official ‘like for like’ quotations
- The grant cannot be used retrospectively (eg for items already purchased)
- The minimum grant is £1,000
Click here for full guidance notes
Click here for the application form
With the start of the season imminent clubs are encouranged to get in touch and submit their application as soon as they can so that purchases can be put to use this season.
The completed application form, along with two quotations, must be submitted by Friday 24th May via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Devon Cricket Centre
University of Exeter
This is ahead of the deadline stated on the guidance notes so that we can collate all applications and give everyone a chance at being successful.
Tel: 01392 262509