A FEW queries have been sent in so thought I would send out a general update/clarification email, writes Kirsty Hambley
Attached is an updated version of the rules including The following clarification regarding delayed play:
- First Innings: If during the first innings circumstances delay or interrupt play, 2 overs per 7 minutes after the first 15 minutes, will be deducted from the match total (I.e. 1 per innings).
- The first innings will define the number of overs the side batting second will have at the start of their innings.
- Second Innings: If during the second innings circumstances delay or interrupt play to the extent of 3 ½ minutes or more, 1 over shall be deducted from the second innings total for every 3 ½ minutes delay. The target score will then be adjusted by using run rate from the first innings + 1.
- There must be a minimum of 8 overs per innings to constitute a match.
- Bowling allowances will reduce depending on the number of overs – bowlers will not be allowed to bowl more than ¼ of the overs in an innings (unless this has already been exceeded before the interruption). Where the total number of overs is not divisible by 4, one additional over shall be allowed as necessary to make up the balance. E.g. if 8 overs then bowling is restricted to 2 overs/bowler. If 10 overs then 2 bowlers can bowl a maximum of 3 overs and 2 others a maximum of 2.