First Aid Appointed Persons (basic 3 hour workshop)
Who should attend? Anyone involved in sporting activities - from referees and coaches to players over the age of 16.
How long is the course? Basic 3 hour workshop
What you will learn? How to deal with the type of injuries and medical emergencies that can happen during sporting activities.
- bone, muscle and joint injuries
- burns and scalds
- chest pains
- communication and casualty care emergencies in public
- head injury
- extremes of heat and cold
- primary survey resuscitation
- the role of the first aider
- sprains and strains
- the unconscious casualty