Click here for the latest news from the Palladium WDYL U14 Division

THE U14 Cup reached the quarter final stage and three matches were played last week to decide the semi-final line ups

In the first quarter final played, Whitchurch hosted Plymouth, who had defeated Plympton St Maurice in the last round

 The home side won the toss and they decided that they would bat first and try to set their visitors a target to chase

Whitchurch's innings got off to worst start when Ethan Carlise (3-16) struck twice in two balls to leave Whitchurch at 12-2

There was a small recovery led by opener Nathan Prout (19) but Whitchurch went from 39-4 to 39-8 as Teddy Haffenden (3-5) and Molly Marsh (2-4) tore through the Whitchurch middle order

Whitchurch tried to bat out their overs but were all out for 54 with 2 balls left

In reply, Plymouth went off in pursuit, playing very positively

Tyler Hunt claimed the wicket of James Grigg but this was a good as it got for Whitchurch as Ethan Carlise (19no) and George Jagger (17no) saw Plymouth home inside 7 overs to win by 9 wickets and set up a meeting with Ivybridge

In the second quarter final, Buckland visited Tideford's Port Eliot Estate home ground

These two sides are yet to met in the league but based on the table, Buckland would have been favourites to progress

The home side won the toss and decided to bat first

After an early set back, James Brenton (32) and Christian Hyland-Thorpe (14) built a platform that allowed the Tideford middle order to progress from; in particular Jake Bennett (27no) helped push the Tideford score up to 107/4 at the end of 20 overs

Buckland's innings did not start as planned, Ajay Bond's 2-15 being key in Buckland losing 3 early wickets before Billy Spry (19) and Alex Richardson (20) sought stability and runs in pursuit of the total

Jake Bennett, fresh from his 27no, then became demon bowler as he took 4 quick wickets for only 6 runs and ensure that this game would go down to the wire

With runs needed off the final ball, Chris Aire was run out with Buckland's score on 106, meaning that Tideford had upset the form book and won throught to the semi finals by one run

Waiting for Tideford in the semi final will be Yealmpton

In the final quarter final match, Plymstock hosted Ivybridge at Dean Cross

As with the other quarter final ties, the home side won the toss and decided to bat first

Plymstock lost wickets all too often to really get going and only Alistair Bond (32) and Marcus Pons (14) that fought back against the Ivybridge attack; led by the spells of Will Stevenson and Lewis Clarke, who both took 2-11

Plymstock were bowled out for 91 in the 18th over of their innings

Ivybridge made the perfect start to their reply with Zach Dunn (43no) and Ben Cornford (23no) both retiring

Sam Kidd's 11no saw Ivybridge across the line to win by 9 wickets

Alistair Bond taking the sole wicket in response

Ivybridge therefore set up a home tie against Plymouth, which is a repeat of the U13 final from last year