Plympton U13As and Cornwood met at Whitchurch on Sunday afternoon for the eagerly anticipated West Devon Cup Final. Both sides had met several times during the season in the League, Devon Cup and Friendlies - although the honours had always gone Plympton's way, Cornwood are never a side to be discounted. After the previous day's heavy rain, the toss was going to be important - Cornwood won and captain Ben Beaumont did not hesitate in putting Plympton into bat.

With an overcast sky threatening rain, opening pair Elliot Hamilton and Oliver Goulder took to the pitch. James Bowden and Melissa Beaumont opened the bowling and restricted Plympton to 20 runs off the first 5 overs. Ben Abbot and Ben Beaumont took over for the next 4 overs, however Plympton started to turn the pressure up and at the end of the ninth over, bowled by Ruben Neve, the score had moved onto 56 for no wicket. Ben Beaumont bowled his third over at the half way mark and although expensive, a skilled piece of fielding saw him take Oliver Goulder's (16) wicket as he just failed to make his ground at the non-strikers end on the final ball of the over, the opening partnership had put 72 runs on the board. Billy Pitman came to the crease next and started about building a partnership with Hamilton. However 3 overs later Melissa Beaumont took the key wicket of Hamilton (57) with brother Ben taking the catch. With the score on 88-2, Plympton managed to keep the scoreboard ticking over and despite losing 5 more wickets finished on a defendable total of 135-7. Billy Pitman put on 14 and James Ferriman carried his bat on 13. Ben Beaumont finished on figures of 2-27 and with Melissa on 2-22.

The threat of rain had not subsided and the teams swapped round quickly at the end of the innings. Ben Beaumont and Ben Abbot opened the batting for Cornwood, with Oliver Smith and Sneha Suresh partnering for the first 5 overs. Plympton struggled to make any real progress against the opening pair, with Ben Beaumont punishing any poor balls, by the end of the sixth over the score was 47-0, 14 runs ahead of Plympton at the same point. Elliot Hamilton and Jake Agnew took over the attack for the next 6 overs, although Plympton could not find the breakthrough they were looking for, they did manage to pen Cornwood in and only 13 runs were added in this spell. Loyd Attwill came on to bowl and with his first ball took the key wicket of Ben Beaumont (45), caught behind by Oliver Goulder. Attwill did not let up and in his second over he took Ben Abbot's (7) wicket in the same manner as Beaumont's, 4 balls later he bowled Euan Horner (2). Not satisfied with 3 wickets, on the first ball of his final over he bowled James Gripton (0), finishing figures of 4-3. Maddy Leppard took the only other wicket with Oliver Smith catching Ruben Neve for 5. Cornwood struggled to get the scoreboard ticking over and finished on 87-5.

Both teams played well and the game was played in excellent spirits. Ben Beaumont was awarded man of the match for Cornwood and Loyd Attwill for Plympton.

This was a great achievement for Plympton, marking the end of a fantastic season, sharing the league title with Yelverton, coming runners up in the Devon Cup and winners of the West Devon Cup