Wine & Wickets is back for 2018!
We are delighted to announce Wine & Wickets is back for 2018!
Wine & Wickets is the Devon Cricket Boards initiative in association with the Devon Women Cricket Association to get more 14+ year old females playing softball and informal cricket. We’re not talking about 50 overs, hardball or helmets!
This initiative is the perfect complement to your colts training nights by getting more ladies involved. The target audience is;
- Mums of colts
- Wives and girlfriends plus friends of existing players
- Daughters / Sisters 14+ of existing players
- Local female sports teams wanting a social for the summer
- Ex-players who fancy getting back into cricket
- Existing players who maybe lost to the game for not wanting to play hardball
The offer remains the same as last year. Run a 10-week programme and send us photos and an audit of the numbers who are attending and we will send your club £125!
The programme can be run by any volunteer, helper or cricket activator. You don’t need to be a level 2 cricket coach to run this activity. We encourage each session to focus on softball and informal cricket and after each session bottles of Prosecco and soft drinks can be handed out. An all new digital resource will be available to get ideas for games and activities if you wish.
During the programme we would encourage clubs to attend a number of informal fun softball festivals run at central venues throughout the summer.
What’s Expected of the Club
- Find a lead volunteer to front and drive the scheme in 2018
- Utilise the flyers and posters provided to advertise getting new 14+ year old women along to a session
- Attend a minimum of one informal softball festival
- Provide feedback on of the programme
Timeline for Programme
April, May, June, July and August - Run your Wine & Wickets programme
Attend a minimum of one of the festivals listed below:
Sunday 2nd September 2018 - Paignton Cricket Club - Please click here to register to attend
Express your clubs interest today by email Sara Dallyn firstname.lastname@example.org